Sunday, June 23, 2013

Give the people what they want!

Give the people what they want! Give the people what they want! Oh. Hi. I was just chanting, envisioning that I was giving the people what they want which as you have probably guessed is more bloggy goodness. So where were we?

Well as far as tours go this one was ok. Got off to kind of a rocky start but once we got going things went smoothly. It was HOT today. Like in the 90s for all you Fahrenheit  junkies. In the 30s for all you Celsius lovin hippies. Now that I look at the difference in numbering I guess I'd want Celsius too. Makes summer in Texas look bearable. Anyway...

We stopped at a winery for a tasting. It was odd cause we didn't tour. Just stopped, took two thimbles of wine and then stayed for 20 minutes. I paid $2 for something called ice wine which they make during the winter from grapes that freeze. If you combined white wine with a gallon of corn syrup and then added Splenda you have the taste of ice wine. It was pretty gross. They make a big deal out of it here. I don't get it.

We stopped at a town called Niagara on The Lake to look around. It's neat. Looked like the set of Gilmore Girls. Or so I've heard. I mean I never actually tuned in for the antics of Rory and Lorelai. Don't know what you're talking about. Hey look a goose!

Next up was the main attraction and it did not disappoint.


Hey look I figured out how to add a picture! Seriously though it's totally worth the drive and all the touristy stuff to be able to see these up close. We took the Maid of the Mist boat to the foot of the falls on both sides. Got totally soaked and loved every minute of it.

So which side of the falls is better? Well the picture above is the American side. Here's the Canadian side.


You definitely get closer to the Canadian side but then the water begins to terrify your iPhone and you have to put it away and promise to buy it a new case after this is all over. Either way it's pretty spectacular.

Now the city of Niagara Falls is another story entirely. If Las Vegas and Branson threw up next to a waterfall with an adult video store and a duty free shop it would be the city of Niagara Falls. This is all on the Canadian side too. We didn't cross the border since it takes years to do, so I can't speak for what's on the American side. Turns out I had it a little backwards. There is a Walmart on the Canadian side. No Chili's. But guess what?


I KNOW RIGHT?!?! I couldn't have planned it if I tried. I had to take a picture cause I figured that no one would believe me. And no, I didn't look it up on the way there. Take that internet!

Well that wraps it up. Pretty awesome day. I may write more later if I get the urge. Aren't you lucky? You don't know? The answer is yes. Yes you are. Anyway, till next time. Adios ya hoser!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Gilmore Girls, what an amazing show I remember nothing about whatsoever.

I was amazed that the Americans actually got Niagara right while the Canadians went a little crazy.