Sunday, June 23, 2013

Oh Canada?

Well hello there! It's been about 6 months since I last updated you on my comings and goings. Lately it's been mostly goings. I've been traveling a lot these last few months. Today I'm coming to you live from a motor coach (tour van thing) on my way to Niagara Falls. Say what?

I'm starting my second week here in Canada and wanted to get out for a bit. See the world eh? And apparently the falls are better on the Canadian side. Not sure about that. If the rest of America is any guide I'd say our side is way more awesome. Probably has a Walmart. Maybe a Ruby Tuesday. Definitely a Chili's.

So here are some things I've learned about our maple leafed cousins to the north:

1. Your American credit card does not have a microchip in it. 
2. As a result of the missing chip, cashiers stare impatiently at you as you swipe your card. 
3. They love burgers here. Every menu has a burger on it. 
4. There is a very large Indian population here. 
5. Their Indian food is terrible. 
6. If you walk out in the street in rush hour cars will stop without honking their horn. It's the law. 
7. Every restaurant has garlic aioli.
8. I have no idea what aioli is. 
9. A hoser is not nearly as offensive as I thought it was. 
10. If Ned Flanders had his own country it would be Canada. 
11. There is a children's show here called The Littlest Hobo. It's about a husky. 
12. The show is also vaguely racist. 
13. Eclipse gum is called Excel. 

Well that's all for now. I'll write more later. More than likely on the way back. It's a long ride to the falls. 

Till next time. Adios y'all. 

No comments: